With advanced control capabilities, environmental resistance and strength that rivals linear components many times their size, select electric actuators are destined to be your go-to solution for many of your demanding applications.
Presenter: Travis Gilmer, Product Specialist - Linear Actuators
This webinar addresses three linear motion design challenges that our new generation of smart actuators can help overcome: space constraints, lack of controllability and durability.
A Need for Small Linear Actuators:
- Machine designs are getting more compact, requiring smaller linear actuators.
- Power density is important to accommodate large loads despite space constraints.
- Components must fit design requirements without compromising the automation functions and benefits of larger specified parts.
- Traditional industry solutions are complicated/too large.
- Ladder adjust, auger fold, and grain bin flaps on a combine.
- Use of small linear actuators to automate the machine and help reduce overall size.
- Cab adjustments on forklifts, packaging machines and conveyors.
- The smaller the linear actuator, the more valuable it is for fitting into machines in which there are numerious components that must be accounted for.
Control Network Integration
- Traditional systems require control for every axis of movement.
- External control systems are expensive or complicated to manage.
- Some older technologies simply cannot be electronically controlled.
- J1939/CAN bus/CANopen® control, position feedback and low-level switching.
- Small linear actuator's onboard electronics allow for integrated controls, reducing the space taken up by external controls.
- Most industrial appliations need to withstand harsh environments or conditions.
- Maintenance concerns are commonly associated with traditional hydraulic or manual systems.
- Industrial automation applications need reliable performance throughout their entire lifecycle.
Thomson Small Linear Actuators
- Power Density
- Class-leading load handling in a small package.
- Integrated PCB assemblies with various feedback options.
- Longer Life
- Industry performance and design capability tested with proven results in the field.