WOOD DALE, IL - Get a first-hand look at the new game-changing Planetary Gearhead solutions for washdown applications. Washdown and immersion concerns are a thing of the past. Learn how to incorporate the new gearhead technology into your application design while reducing design time and increasing design productivity with these informative tips.
Register today to learn the advantages of new Planetary Gearhead technology and its impact on designing machines for washdown applications or other environmentally sensitive machines.
This training will enable you to better understand how new True Planetary Gearhead technology can provide benefits for environmentally sensitive systems , and will also discuss sizing criteria, and how to quickly design and specify gearheads into your application, saving you time and optimizing your machine design.
Reserve your spot today for this live webinar being held in two sessions on Thursday, November 4, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. CST again at 3:00 p.m. EST / 2:00 p.m. CST.
There are a limited number of spaces available, so register now!
Micron Planetary Gearheads are precision mechanical devices used for torque multiplication, speed reduction and inertial matching in servo systems. The gearing system consists of a sun (pinion) gear that is driven by a motor shaft, and in turn drives a planetary gear stage (typically three or more planet gears). Known for their very high toque density, planetary gearheads are a great way to make a higher performance, more compact and less expensive system.
In 1 hour you will learn:
- Gearhead Solutions for Environmentally Sensitive Applications
- Food processing and packaging applications
- Medical and pharmaceutical applications
- High pressure washdown application requirement
- Quick Review of Current Gearhead Technologies
- Planetary Gearheads
- Helical Planetary Gearheads
- Painted or plated products
- Problems with sealing
- The impact on gearhead life
- New Gearhead Technologies
- IP66, IP67 sealing
- Fully Stainless steel solutions
- High pressure washdown and immersion
- New Micron AquaTRUE attributes
- Incorporating gearheads in an application design
This live online seminar is an event for mechanical motion design engineers at all experience levels. The seminar has been designed to give solid, practical information - not a sales pitch. Register today to learn how to design and build better machines with true Planetary Gearhead technology.
Planetary Gearheads offer the following design benefits:
- High Torque to Size Ratio - Allows compact, lower cost design
- Low Backlash - Eliminates positioning errors due to lost motion
- Inertia Matching - Keeps servo systems stable and in control
- High Rigidity - Optimizes system response
- Self Re-lubrication - Eliminates costly maintenance and downtime
- Load Sharing - More torque capacity and longer life
- High Radial Load Capacity - Mount pulleys and pinions directly on the output shaft.
Register now to learn how to improve your knowledge of Planetary Gearheads and improve your next mechanical motion design.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.