Join us for a free Linear Bearings and Guides seminar for Design Engineers. This training will enable you to quickly design and specify linear bearings and guides for linear motion systems, saving you time and optimizing your machine designs. Reserve your spot today for this live webinar being held in two sessions on Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. EST / 9:00 a.m. CST again at 2:00 p.m. EST / 1:00 p.m. CST. Spaces are limited, so register now!
Linear Bearings & Guides are anti-friction devices that provide smooth accurate precise guidance for linear motion. They are designed to provide continuous travel over the full length of the rail enabling near drag free linear motion. Capable of operating under high loads, high speeds, high accelerations, and a variety of environments and demands, linear bearings are made to extremely tight tolerances, and are the most effective solution for virtually all precision linear motion guidance challenges.
In 1 hour you will learn:
- Linear Bearings & Guides Basics:
- Overview of Linear Motion Guidance technologies and features
- Key Linear Motion Considerations / Parameters
- Thomson Family Overview:
- Features and Benefits of Round Rail and Profile Rail Products
- Linear Bearings & Guides Sizing & Selection Process:
- Selection Process - Profile Rail v Round Rail
- Load-Life Calculations
- Application Examples
- Bearing Maintenance Overview
- Overview of possible failures
- How to define a proper schedule for maintenance
- Optimize maintenance process to reduce downtime
This live online seminar is an event for mechanical motion design engineers at all experience levels. The seminar has been designed to give solid, practical information - not a sales pitch. Register today to learn how to design and build better machines with linear bearing and guide technology.
Linear Bearings and Guides offer the following design benefits:
- Anti-friction movement - low drive power required
- Low noise
- Smooth running - no stick-slip
- High speed capabilities
- High rigidity
- High loads
- High accuracy
- Ease of installation and use
- Self-alignment capability
- Long Life
- Clean - less particle generation
- Cooler running
- Contamination resistance
Register now to learn how to improve your ability to use Linear Bearings and Guides in your next mechanical motion design.
Thomson, 1500 Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL 60191-1073; 1-540-633-3549; 1-540-633-0294 (fax); Thomson@thomsonlinear.com; www.thomsonlinear.com.