Why the Glide Screw™?
The Thomson Glide Screw is a breakthrough in linear motion technology that combines the best features of a linear bearing and a lead screw into something better than both. The patent pending Glide Screw delivers high performance, fast installation and less complexity in a small package.
Designing the Glide Screw into your equipment can help you deliver a solution that is more compact and reliable, and provides an overall lower total cost of ownership . It’s easy to make the change from traditional solutions with stocked standard sizes and quick availability of custom solutions with help from a Thomson applications engineer.
Choose the solution optimized for today’s designs. Choose Glide Screw.
- Integrated lead screw / linear bearing
- Side load / moment load capable
Reduced equipment downtime
- Fewer failures with pre-aligned screw and bearing
- Component alignment is not critical – smooth and quiet motion
- Maintenance free with Thomson Lube-4-Life lubrication block standard
Lower cost of ownership
- Faster installation
- Fewer components for a simpler bill of material
- Maintenance free! No lubrication required
Standard products in stock
- Inch Series includes 3/16”, 1/4” and 3/8” nominal diameters
- Metric Series includes 4, 6 and 10 mm nominal diameters
- Flanged and cylindrical nut bodies standard
Options for harsh environments
- High temperature resistant – inside ovens or autoclaves (up to 175°C)
- Clean room – in robot vacuum chambers, laboratories or medical equipment (class 1000)
- Food grade – in packaging and food processing equipment
Custom products available
- Nut configurations
- Screw diameters
- Thread leads
- Custom changes
Easy to install
- All that is required is a Glide Screw and an anti-rotation feature
- No need for reference surfaces or the pain of “floating” your system into alignment