Precision Linear Actuators
Thomson Precision Linear Actuators combine over 40 years of technical development and represents state of the art mechanical actuation control. Designed for the most demanding applications, they are ideal when the maximum available performance and longest life cycle are required. Pre-packaged systems come with a motor (AC Servo or 3Φ AC) and gear assembly for easy design and installation. Basic mechanical actuators are customizable.
Perfect for linear positioning applications where strong thrust, high speed, and positioning accuracies are critical. These high-precision systems have progressed from being a clean and efficient replacement for hydraulic actuators and pneumatic cylinders to a preferred alternative to many types of linear transmission. Mounting flexibility ranges from rigid, externally-guided and supported loads to pivoting loads. Types of applications include:
- Value Control (process and packaging industry, ventilation equipment, vehicle applications)
- Pressing/Clamping (machine tools, electronics, plastics, metal and wood working applications)
- Edge Guide Control (paper mills, print shop equipment, textile industry)
- Backstop Adjust (wood work industry, machine tools, metal industry)
- Loading/Unloading (handling equipment, packaging, medical, and electronics industry)
- Drilling, Welding, Gluing, or Thermo-forming (plastics, metals, machine tools industries)
Let Thomson Help You Make Your Selection!
The T Series is Thomson's basic actuator, a rugged model that has proved itself time and time again in the real world. It is equipped by the customer with motors and gears of his own choice, either bought from Thomson or sourced from his own suppliers. Maximum freedom of choice and second-to-none reliability are what the T Series Actuators are about.Learn more about T Series >
New! from Thomson, the ECT Series is our highest performing line of Precision Linear Actuator systems. Combining our traditional Movotrak T Series (T90/T130) actuators with a variety of motor types and drive controls, this family meets the most demanding of applications where powerful performance and long life cycles are required. Maximum standard strokes extend to 2000 mm (79 in) customizable to any length with thrust capacities as high as 38000 N (8543 lbf) and no load speeds up to 2000 mm/s (79 in/s). A large range of options and accessories offer our customers the most complete system of its kind.Learn more about ECT Series >