Smart Actuation on the Move
Whether it be for agricultural vehicles, marine vessels or public transportation, smart actuators are an excellent choice for a wide array of tasks. These help increase productivity and quality, improve safety and ergonomics, and reduce fuel and maintenance costs.
Combines Click to Open
- Electromechanical actuation is ideal for hard-to-reach places that may require complex control to function.
- Integrated electronics allow you to drop in an actuator where a more complicated control scheme for hydraulics or air would have been previously.
- Common applications include sieve leveling, auger tube fold, hood lift and grain bin cover.
Skid Steer Excavators Click to Open
- These utilize a quick-attach system to connect and disconnect multiple attachments to the front of the vehicle.
- Reliable Thomson smart actuators integrate into the cab controls to provide the convenience of swapping attachments without having the operator exit the cab.
- Position feedback allows the operator to confirm the implement (i.e. bucket) is securely locked before deploying the machine.
Marine Vessels Click to Open
- Thomson smart actuators’ rating for IP67 (static), IP69K (static) and IP66 (static/dynamic) address the strict sealing capabilities required by electronics integration.
- Corrosion resistant coatings and surface treatments prevent oxidation in high salinity environments.
- Applications include seat adjustments, engine hatch and wakeboard tower automation, and throttle and shift actuation.
Public Transportation Click to Open
- Smart actuation is more environmentally friendly and cost effective than hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Trains and buses using actuators for pantographs benefit from the robust construction to achieve long life in harsh environments.
- Overload sense and confirmed position are vital to user safety.
- Other public transit applications include door actuation, step leveling and gap control.