RediMount™ Motor Mounting System
The RediMount™ motor mounting system allows an easy, error free and quick connection of Thomson Micron’s True Planetary gearheads to just about motor available in the market. The innovative design, with adapter sleeve and input housing, features gearhead mounting within one working process.
- Self-aligning hub - Maintains concentricity between motor shaft and gearhead
- Pre-installed pinion - Eliminates pinion setting procedure
- Modular design - Allows gearhead and input housing to be stocked separately
- Flexibility - Allows easy changeover to alternate motors
- Interchangeability - Same RediMount system is used throughout 7 product lines
Let Thomson Help You Make Your Selection!
RediMount™ Mounting Instructions
- Slide the provided sleeve into the hub and align the slot in the bushing with the slot in the hub.
- Set the motor on a work surface or hold fixture with the output shaft facing straight up. If there is a key on the motor, remove it and align the keyway with the slot in the hub. Slide the gearhead down onto the motor shaft.
- Rotate the hub to align the input housing access holes with the hub clamping bolts.
- Using a torque wrench tighten the hub bolts to the pre-torque value indicated in the table.
- Bolt the motor to the gearhead with the bolts provided.
- Gradually tighten the hub bolts in three steps, increasing the torque each time until reaching the final tightening torque in the table.
|HUB BOLT TIGHTENING TORQUES|
|Gearhead Model||Gearhead Frame Size||Pre-Tightening Torque||Final Tightening Torque|